The district implemented a new automated alert and notification service to help keep parents informed. This new service is called Blackboard Connect and enables the district to personally communicate with parents about emergency situations, school events, and important issues impacting your child. The system allows us to send personalized voice messages to your family’s home, work or cell phones, e-mail communications, and even text messages. Now, the district can reach all parents throughout the district within minutes.
When calls are made using the notification system, please note the following message delivery notes:
- When a call comes from the automated notification system, the caller ID will display a district phone number (602-336-2920) if it is an emergency notification, and the school’s phone number if it is an event or notification call.
- Community outreach or event notification calls will come from the local schools, and all emergency notification calls will come from the District Office. When a call comes from the system, please do not hang up and call the number on the caller ID; it’s important to listen to the message first as detailed information will be given through the automated system. It is difficult for the district to answer individual calls from thousands of parents if you hang up before the message is delivered. We will always communicate the final outcome of any emergency situation.
- When listening to a message, please be aware that background noise will cause the system to stop and start. It is carefully calibrated to determine whether a person or an answering machine/voicemail has been reached, and background noise may affect the delivery. If possible, move to a quiet area, or press the “mute” button on your phone.
- If you missed any part of a message, please stay on the line and press the “ * “ (star) key on your phone to hear the entire message again.
- If you missed a phone call, please listen to your voicemail or answering machine for messages.
To ensure that you are notified if there is an emergency at your child's school, the district needs current and accurate mailing addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of the primary contact person. Please be sure to update this information on yearly basis by completing the Alhambra District's Emergency Card each year. Also, if you move or change phone numbers, please notify the school and provide accurate contact information immediately.